Sunday, March 28, 2010

March reconsidered

At the start of this month I called March the bleakest in the apple year, so far from the harvest and all the keepers gone.

But events proved me wrong.

Lady Alice, available here for the first time, is only sold in March.

Blushing Golden

Macoun persisted in the supermarkets.

Piñata returned.

My last Blushing Golden, belatedly discovered and awakened from its suspended animation in my refrigerator, proved sound and sweet.

Every year is different and every day brings something new.

As a side note: During the off-season my monthly "what to eat" suggestions might be equally useful in any month of the winter and spring (if at all).

My March recommendations might have been more apropos for April, while the ones I am working up for April would also work in March or May.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.